The IRS has issued Publication 590, Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), for use with 2013 tax returns.
The following are some announcements/changes included in 2013 IRS Publication 590.
- After 2013, Publication 590 will be split into two separate publications as follows.
- Publication 590-A, will focus on contributions to traditional IRAs as well as Roth IRAs. This publication will include the rules for rollover and conversion contributions.
- Publication 590-B, will focus on distributions from traditional IRAs as well as Roth IRAs. This publication will include the rules for required minimum distributions and IRA beneficiaries.
Currently, this information is included in one publication.
This publication discusses traditional, Roth, and SIMPLE IRAs, and provides explanations about the rules that apply to:
- Setting up an IRA,
- Contributing to an IRA,
- Transferring money or property to and from an IRA,
- Handling an inherited IRA,
- Receiving distributions (making withdrawals) from an IRA, and
- Taking a credit for contributions to an IRA.
Publication 590 can be found here