- Participants cannot make withdrawals from pension plans unless a triggering event has occurred
- Some inservice withdrawals are permitted only from 403(b) plans, 401(k) plans and profit sharing plans
- Some plans that permit in-service withdrawals limit such withdrawals to hardship
- Hardship withdrawals are not rollover eligible.
- In-service withdrawals; cannot be made from salary deferral contributions, unless the participant is at least age 59 ½, or the withdrawal is due to hardship
In-service Withdrawal (definition)