Skip to Content

What's Hot In Retirement Plans

Must have for financial and tax professionals:IRA...

Must have for financial and tax professionals:...

Calculators, forums, articles and more on 72(t) and 72(q) /SEPP Plans. Includes RMD Calculators...


Retirement Dictionary-IRA News & Tips Best Source

Sign up for our FREE newsletter


You Asked Us... and We Answered

  • How does a spouse beneficiary elect to treat the inherited IRA assets as his/her ‘own’?

  • An individual inherited an IRA from his father, and transferred the IRA to an IRA at another firm. However, the IRA to which the transfer was made does not include his father’s name. I understand that as a result (of his father’s name being missing from the registration), the transfer is actually a distribution that is taxable to him when the transfer occurred. Is that true?